Our (secondary) business for almost 25 years
Libelle has been developing tools since 1994 to simplify everyday life for administrators. In this context, the Libelle colleagues have built up immense know-how, which results not only in high-quality products, but also in high-quality services. We are pleased to offer these to our customers, regardless of the use of Libelle solutions.
The focus here is in the areas:
This includes all activities related to the operation and monitoring of database infrastructures of any size and complexity. Planning, setup, reorganization, database structure improvements, database software release changes, backup creation, clean / extended database creation, checks, testing, documentation.
System / Database Relocation
System and database moves at the push of a button, with minimal downtime and maximum fallback security. We offer you comprehensive know-how and high-quality best practices for the technical relocation of systems and databases from one location to another as part of in-/out-/re-sourcing, data center moves, etc.
The services include, as required, joint planning with all parties involved, project management and, of course, technical implementation.
Concentrate on the business essentials, but keep your environments in the house: With the help of a remote monitoring system, we cyclically check your servers, analyze the operating system, database and application and thus facilitate the system administration. These diagnostics have many advantages: We recognize in advance possible causes of faults in your systems and can thus initiate appropriate countermeasures. Logs inform you about the system status and let you identify trends in the longer term.
The scope of services usually includes:
- Application-specific analyzes (monitoring of special transactions, jobs, system messages, etc.),
- Database-specific analyzes (monitoring of errors and alert information, monitoring of memory space, I / O load distribution),
- Operating system-specific analyzes (monitoring of errors in the system log files, monitoring of disk space)
- DC-specific analyzes (monitoring of networks, dial-up components, etc., control of the backup log)
- Determination of system bottlenecks
Of course, depending on the agreement, we also take over the implementation of coordinated measures.
Performance analysis and optimization
It is necessary to ensure the required response times and performance figures of applications and to maintain them by means of appropriate checks and measures. With the help of special monitoring tools, over a representative period of time all relevant parameters of the systems get analyzed. This proactively shows indications of sub-optimal technological processes, critical parameters of the system to be changed, reorganization of subsystems or the necessary expansion of resources.
A (performance) analysis determines the load on the system and the utilization of components. For this it is necessary to consider all different and changing task and job profiles. Minimum diagnostic period is usually one day. If limit values of the load are to be determined, the repetition of such measuring cycles is necessary:
- Operating System, Network (s), Application (s), Database (s)
- Hard Disk Utilization (Storage Analysis)
- Free space in file systems and databases
The performance scripts are started for measured value acquisition and automatically deliver measured values and associated times at selectable time intervals.
We analyse the measured values with the help of editors from the series of measurements in ASCII files, EXCEL or similar. The evaluation of the measured values is done for the areas CPU / Memory / Paging, Network, Database / Application. This is how the extreme peaks are found and evaluated.
For a solution catalog, only general notes are referenced since the procedure depends on the results of the analysis. The range of improvements may include the following areas:
- better organization of the job profile, different load distribution with several systems
- better I / O distribution through different structuring of file systems / database files
- better kernel parameterization of the operating system
- better database parameterization
- Reorganization of the database
- Detailed analysis of often used application programs and their optimization
- Eliminate hardware bottlenecks by expanding memory, CPUs, hard disks / controllers and network cards
How can we help you?
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!